[LMB] Dolphin anatomy very OT:

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Wed Jan 12 22:19:21 GMT 2022

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/science/dolphins-clitoris-sex.html <https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/science/dolphins-clitoris-sex.html>

How can anything human be irrelevant to this list?

We read Bujold as an examination of humanity, or at least that’s my reason.
Her strategy —What’s the worst thing I can do to my protagonists (usually without
killing them.) — is a method of stress testing. Casaril actually died (temporarily then the Lady undied[1] him),
in _Cryoburn_ Miles has a quasi death experience on the space station on his return to Barrayar.

<https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/science/dolphins-clitoris-sex.html <https://www.nytimes.com/2022/01/10/science/dolphins-clitoris-sex.html>>

<QUOTE>

The only thing that surprises me is how long it has taken us as scientists to look at the basic reproductive anatomy,” Sarah Mesnick, an ecologist at NOAA Fisheries who was not involved with the research, said, speaking of the clitoris. She added, “It took a team of brilliant women,” referring to two of the authors.

</quote>

Apparently the men never looked for it. All this time men have been studying dolphins and overlooked
the obvious. It is discribed as the size of an AA battery and the color of spam.
I wonder how large the clitoris of an Orca is.

It took me two days to see the humor here and I’m still becoming overcome by laughing fits.

[1] St. Paul said D-G undying Jesus  shows that Jesus was D-G, so does the
Lady undying Cazaril made him a deity in that world?

Sorry folks I have time spent to much time watching Sir Kenneth Clark’s “Civilization”.

—
The Truth Shall Make Ye Fret. — Terry Pratchett, The Truth