[LMB] OT: Phishing

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 13 09:49:03 GMT 2022

On Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 06:55:51 PM GMT+9, Gwynne Powell <gwynnepowell at hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Raymond Collins <rcrcoll6 at gmail.com>

I recently reactivated my landline and so far 99% of the calls are either
telemarketing or robocalls which I ignore. I also don't answer questions so
if ask if I'm me, I'll say, "I'm sorry I'm not interested." Then hang up.

Gwynne: The only reason I have a landline is that it comes free with my
internet package. I never answer it; most of the time - if it's anyone who
really wants me they'd leave a message. All the scammers hang up as soon
as the message kicks in. Everyone who matters has my mobile number,
anyway. (cellphone)  My main use for the landline is to call my mobile
when I can't find it, so that I can follow the ringtone to wherever I left the
darn thing.
--
Micki: Had to laugh out loud! Some things are true the world over. That's the main purpose for OUR landline, too. I hate answering the damn thing unless it says who is calling on the caller ID. Even then, I would much rather someone else answer it.

I don't have much use for the phone function of my phone, either. We get free calls (even VIDEO CALLS, the future is HERE!) from an app, so the phone is mostly for when I don't have wi-fi.

Micki