[LMB] OT: Borrowing

Marc Wilson marc.wilson at gmx.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 17:18:56 GMT 2022

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 07:35:19 -0700, Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net>
wrote:

>> On Jan 13, 2022, at 3:15 AM, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>> Use a wired mouse, solves the battery problem and you can always find it.
>>
>> I really don’t see the point of a wireless mouse.
>
>The only advantage for me is not using up a port.

Is your mouse a bluetooth one, then?  Because otherwise, they still need
a port for the dongle (though the Logitech ones and some others can
share, e.g. mouse, keyboard, trackpad etc can all be bound to one
dongle).

> That and the wireless mouse came with my computer.   I bought a wired mouse for emergencies, but it uses the old USB standard, and my computer has the newer USB standard.

Should be backwards compatible, though.
--
Being a paper boy or girl is a great first job, and also happens to combine three
of the most dangerous things children can do: riding a bike in the dark,