[LMB] Joys of Doyle

WalterStuartBushell proto at panix.com
Sat Jan 15 20:27:28 GMT 2022

> On Jan 15, 2022, at 2:30 PM, John Lennard <john.c.lennard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ObBujold: As Lois often says, responding to one of our questions, "Dunno.
> Didn’t -have- to decide, so I didn't."

It allows her freedom, which is more important in series.

The Uterine Replicator series has a major theme of exploring the impact
of Uterine Replicators (and biological advances in general) on society.

People of age to read SF at the time of the beginning of that series may feel
like strangers to their native land do to the  changes of society.

Just like in _Cryoburn_ there are places for the well to do to retreat to a familiar
place sort of outside contemporary society.

—
It’s better to be approximately correct than completely wrong.