[LMB] On topic: now plague worms was: School Closing

Gwynne Powell gwynnepowell at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 16 10:18:17 GMT 2022

From: "M. Haller Yamada" <thefabmadamem at yahoo.com>

On Saturday, January 15, 2022, 09:32:48 PM GMT+9, Karen Hunt <huntkc at gmail.com> wrote:

Karen: There's an article on the fandom site:....
Gwynne's description is about right.

Micki: Excellent! Esp. the extra-canonical explanation from Lois.?
Here's a handy link to Gwynne's description, although I think the scars are caused by the worms as well as the digging-out procedure. Otherwise, why wouldn't the kids just carve themselves up without the worms? I think the organic patterns of the worm (maybe guided by worm-annoying tactics to some extent) are the attractive bit to kids. But I don't think there's text-ev; I'm just guessing.?

Gwynne: Yes, I wasn't clear - the worms crawl around under the skin, causing lesions
on the surface. Ok, here's the interesting question: it's become fashionable for teens
to deliberately host a worm to make interesting designs on their bodies - how do they
direct the worms into the patterns they want?