[LMB] On topic: now plague worms was: School Closing

Margaret Dean margdean56 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 22:09:56 GMT 2022

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 11:45 AM Howard Brazee <howard at brazee.net> wrote:

> > On Jan 16, 2022, at 11:42 AM, Alex Kwan <litalex at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I took the description in GJATRQ as an example of teen rebellion. Sort
> of like Goth with major tattoos. It’s supposed to look disgusting.
> >
> > Um, why do you assume that goths want their tattoos to look disgusting?
> Maybe they thought their body ink look great.
>
> Some do, some don’t.   Some love the shock value and the identity issue.

If the tunnels/scars the worms make naturally are something like the
tunnels of, say, bark beetles in wood, they might look more interesting
than disgusting. This photo

<Pattern On Tree Trunk Log. Tunnels Of Bark Beetle Form Bizarre Pattern
Under Bark. Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free Image. Image 149899034.
(123rf.com)
<https://www.123rf.com/photo_149899034_pattern-on-tree-trunk-log-tunnels-of-bark-beetle-form-bizarre-pattern-under-bark.html>

reminds me a bit of a section of wood-bored tree limb my late father used
to use to imprint the interesting patterns on wet clay for pottery.

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean56 at gmail.com>