[LMB] Life handed you by a stranger

A. Marina Fournier saffronrose at me.com
Mon Jan 17 02:00:18 GMT 2022

On Jan 15, 2022, at 12:34 PM, WalterStuartBushell <proto at panix.com> wrote:

> Miles say he had his life handed to him by a stranger several times.
>
> My most obvious example was after eating a salad in the company cafeteria, I took a walk and
> developed anaphylactic shock I went to the company’s medical facility where the doctor was out.
> But the nurse gave me a shot of adrenalin (epinephrine) even though she was not legally allowed to do so.
>
> And I survived.

I’m glad she decided regs could go out the window!

My belle-mère is anaphylactic-shock level allergic to salicylic acid & most other salicylates. Someone not medically-aware assured her that SalonPas patches had no aspirin, so Edna applied one. Within 5 minutes she started to have problems breathing. I happened to be listening in to her painting class, ran for antihistamine, & gave her two.

Do you know how many shampoos have salicylates in them? About two-thirds of the ones I looked through—not just dandruff shampoos—had them!

Obviously, I’m not a stranger. I’m glad the AH was enough at that stage. She’s less strongly allergic to lavender, but her throat starts closing up when she’s around it.

A. Marina Fournier
saffronrose at me.com
Valley of Heart’s Delight. CA
Sent from iFionnghuala