[LMB] [computer] Religion OT:

Robert A. Woodward robertaw at drizzle.com
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:58:05 -0800

On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 06:06  AM, Timothy Neumann wrote:

> [...]

I have done it, but not since 1980 or so. Has anybody younger than 40
used a keypunch machine?

> Okay, how many of you have ever Programmed a keypunch?

I am not certain what you mean by this. I suspect this is a feature
than I would rarely use, since I was  generating code, not data cards.

> And finally, how many of you have randomized a punched deck?  [aka
> "dropped"]

I have dropped card decks; but I don't remember them being scattered
randomly (besides, I always drew a diagonal line across the top of my
decks).

--------
Robert A. Woodward - robertaw at drizzle.com