[LMB] OT: Ivan Vorpatril school of holiday decor criticism

Bo Johansson bo at dendarii.com
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:37:43 +0100

> Bo Johansson wrote:
>>
>> To defend the "useless looking thing", it might not be a
>> menorah. For example in Sweden seven-armed candle sticks
>> (candle holders?) are quite popular, ---SNIP---

On Saturday, November 01, 2003 5:06 PM [GMT+1 (or +2)],
Kevin Kennedy wrote:

> It's got nine arms, a six pointed star is part of the design,
> and the box says it's a menorah.

Then I think that one can with some degree of certainty claim
that it was indeed intended to be a menorah...

I thought a menorah was supposed to have seven arms, and my
encyclopaedia agrees. But at http://Menorah.com most seem to be
nine-armed.

BTW, I might have found the plastic menorah with blue electric
lights http://menorah.com/catalog/shopexd.asp?id=79

// Bo Johansson