[LMB] OT: Speaking of Archaic Geekitude

Patricia A. Swan zafaran at sff.net
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 00:24:58 -0500

At 10:36 PM 11/5/2003 -0700, Kay Carrasco wrote:
>    I want to be able to do clean, uncluttered and understated
>design--the text, after all, is the star here.  I also prefer to
>create my own graphics, and not use the dime-a-dozen templates.
>Looks better, and fresher, and (hopefully) doesn't slow the
>download to a wheezing crawl.

Kay,

I use Homesite 4.5  It's got a design view available if you want to use
it, but the normal interface is right in the code and I like that I can
highlight a section of text and click on a toolbar for the pair of tags
that should surround it.  Writes clean code that verifies easily, and
doesn't change anything you write by hand.  It's currently owned by
Macromedia.  Easy, fast, flexible editing of existing tags too.  Just
click in the place you need to edit, right click, choose edit, and make
the changes to the tag information, hit okay, and keep going to the
next place.

Pat in North Carolina

--
* Patricia A. Swan     zafaran at eskimo.com              *