[LMB] Haute/Haut magazines

ginnilee p berger ginni.berger at juno.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 20:55:56 -0500

I was opening magazine boxes preparatory to putting them out to the sales
floor this morning, when I came across a new magazine called- and I am
not joking -"Haute Doll." The doll on the cover of the mag is called
"Haute Sydney." First thing in my mind? Hmm- do they have Haut Rian and
is she in her bubble? Is Lois moonlighting without telling us? And did
they spell "Haut" wrong? They truly do have a magazine for just about
everyone. Think we could start "Bujold" magazine in answer?

And, speaking as a Newsstand Lead, our store, Barnes & Noble #2088, has
been chosen by our corporate office for a special survey on how to
increase magazine sales. We're 1 of at least 10 stores chosen for this
because of our high sales. Question for the Listmind- can you think of
any way to make your magazine purchasing a more pleasant experience? What
do our Newsstands need to make them a better place to browse? I truly
want every single opinion you can throw at me (no, Pilot, no rotten
fruit, no matter how much fun it is to eat).

Ginnilee
Lady Lavender of Teal