[LMB] OT: writing speed

MegJ megj at nwlink.com
Sat, 8 Nov 2003 19:24:09 -0800

I'll toss my two cents in.  I've been in a routine on the current opus where
I'm averaging 325-350 words a day.  Every day.  Seven days a week.  I figure
I'm about a third of the way, plotwise, and I've been working on this one
since the first of July (well, technically a lot longer, but all but about
10,000 words has been written since then).  I hope to be writing The End
about the end of next June.  Then come the revisions.  And cutting.  And
adding.  And rewriting.  I'm not sure how long that'll take, as I've never
written one this long (I expect about 150,000 words) before.  Nor have
I gone the "I'm writing every day if it kills me" route before.  But it is,
as everyone says and no one wants to hear, the route to go.

And you thought Lois was slow <sigh>.

Megaera
who has a pile of rejection letters and one contest win -- so not pro yet,
unless you count eight years of effort and five finished manuscripts