[LMB] Re: SP: Divinity and other stuff

BJ van Look vanlook at yahoo.com
Sun, 9 Nov 2003 17:06:21 -0800 (PST)

--- sekhmet <sekhmet42 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> A random thought while last re-reading Chalion: There
> are male dedicats of the Daughter, are there female
> dedicats of the Son or Father?

Apparently, in The Next Book, we'll have a female dedicat of the Son.

>From what I understand.

I could be wrong ;)

> And what exactly are camp followers (enlisted as
> emergency attendants for Ista) in Chalion? I didn't

In medieval armies, they were the cooks, nurses, laudresses, seamstresses and
mistresses to the army. The armies of the Crusades wouldn't trade for captured
knights. They traded for the camp followers.

BJ

=====
BJ van Look           vanlook (at) yahoo (dot) com
Jacobite, Smithereen, Rickmaniac and Donut
Filker, SCAdian, Nova Roman
Bujold junkie and part-time pusher
Speaking only for myself and my evil twin Skippy.