[LMB] Orycon now OT:

Rowena morgaine at zonnet.nl
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:09:17 +0100

On 11 Nov 2003 at 0:51, Joyeuse wrote:

> Ah, you've hit one of my personal rant buttons.  The short
> version is:
>
> What the h*ll kind of message is it when authority figures
> (teachers, and in my case a guidance counselor) tells a
> girl, "boys hurt you because they like you."  And then they
> wonder why girls get into abusive relationships later on...

thank you Joy,

for writing such a precisely worded and balanced post.
The tale slammed into my personal rant buttons as well and I had
already written a long personal account of being bullied in
highschool, hearing racist and sexist taunts and having it all
dismissed by teachers as 'boys being insecure' 'boys not knowing
how to show they like you'. I decided not to sent it. (both TMI and
overreaction probably).

I can just say that if any man (or woman) ever likes me but is
insecure in showing it, calling me slut and whore and bitch is not at
all the way to endear you to me. Try somethin glike a remark about
the weather or the long que we are in, or better recommend a book.

Rowena