[LMB] ingredients of truffles for those with allergies (was: Orycon) OT:

Rowena morgaine at zonnet.nl
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 21:58:11 +0100

On 11 Nov 2003 at 15:32, Paula Lieberman wrote:

> There are at least East Coast filkers who are truffle makers, one
of
> them has used ingredients which include hot pepper at times.  I
don't
> remember if it was habanero or jalapeno truffles that were one of
the
> varies he brought to Arisia last year....

and? how was it?
I was thinking of using ground pepper. I've used a tad of pepper in
spicy brownies (with cloves, cinnemon, ketoembar (=ground
korianderseeds)  and kardemom) and I've had pepper/chocolate
truffles. They were very scrumptious, (not home made but from a
small bonbon shop with an excellent assortment)

> Different people have some very different allergies -- vanilla,
> varying types of nuts -- the most common are walnuts/pecans,
some
> people are allergic to essentially all nuts, some only to one variety

I would certainly make sure to know if any stuff I make contains nuts
since I know this is a major allergy issue for some people. But it is
practically impossible to make something you can make sure no one
is allergic to.

> Cilantro is a flavoring that some people like, and some think taste
> like soap!

I have no idea how it goes with chocolate. I am self very fond of it
and make a very spicy and overpowering cillantro-chutney wich
would certainly be horrendous for anyone having negative reactions
to the taste of cillantro.

Rowena
Cats may be green somewhere else, but the cats here don't care.

					Ursula Le Guin