[LMB] ingredients of truffles for those with allergies (was: Orycon) OT:

ginnilee p berger ginni.berger at juno.com
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:32:50 -0500

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:32:58 -0500 "Paula Lieberman" <paal at gis.net>
writes:
> -- Paula Lieberman

etc.
> etc.  It sometimes surprises me how few allergic reactions there are in
F/SF
> characters....

I am one of those allergic to all tree nuts, and have a niece who's
allergic to tree nuts & peanuts! I spend most of my time at the grocery
store reading ingredient lists, because I have SO many allerigies to
different foods. I can't eat coconut or any tropical fruit, either, but I
LOVE chocolate- esp. dark chocolate, which is what my grandfather gave me
as a child. I found out Trader Joe's has a 10lb. chocolate bar, and our
store manager is the biggest chocoholic I know, so a bunch of us from
work are going to give that to her for Christmas. We figure it'll last
her until New Year's, and may put a sign on it saying, "Holiday Stress
Kit" to which I'd add, "When Stress Occurs, Break and Eat." I'm tempted
to buy one for myself, even though I know that it's supposed to be for
baking with.

I made some chocolate chip crunch cookies yesterday- I got the recipe
from Joanne Fluke's book, "The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murders- and took
them to work yesterday. These cookies have cornflakes in them, and you
press them down like peanut butter cookies, and they're really good. When
I took my break, after the Manager's Meeting, the container was almost
empty, so many co-workers missed out.

Ginnilee
Lady Lavender of Teal