[LMB] OT: More on touching

Agnes Charrel-Berthillier agnes at charrel.net
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:56:03 -0800

Quoting Alexandra Haropulos <aharo at erols.com>:

> I especially loved doing business in Japan. Even if they
> have no interest in you, doubt your credentials and probably
> parentage, and couldn't care less, they are SO POLITE. I can
> live with that kind of social hypocrisy. I was bowing and
> smiling for two weeks after I came home.

Uh. The only business meeting I attended in my whole life where a somebody
screamed (and that's not a figure of speech), jumped up and down and pointed his
finger into people's faces was in Japan. And the guy *was* Japanese.

The display went on for about 10 minutes while everybody else looked on
impassively. Then we went on to normal business manners. It was... weird.

Agnes