[LMB] ingredients of truffles for those with allergies (was: Orycon) OT:

ginnilee p berger ginni.berger at juno.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:11:19 -0500

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 22:31:43 -0800 (PST) Raye Johnsen <raye_j at yahoo.com>
writes:
> For example, if you asked me, I'd tell you I dislike
> the taste of fish and hate tomatoes.  I didn't know
> until I got a toxology test done, and wouldn't have
> been able to tell you before I got the results, that
> I'm actually mildly allergic to both, and my 'dislike'
> is probably my body's early warning system in action!
> I *can* eat them without ill effects, but not in any
> great quantities.
>
> But up until then, no, no, *I* didn't have any
> allergies, and a character having a particular allergy
> was not likely to grab my sympathy.
>
> Raye
>
> =====

Well, well, well, I could have told you that. <g> Just about everything I
dislike is what I'm allergic to. Fish gives me stomach aches, and
tropical fruit, nuts and bananas make my mouth hurt *a lot*

And I can smell a Halls cough drop 15 feet away, because my allergy to
eucalyptus is now anaphylactic. That's why we moved from CA. I once had
to ask a customer if he had a Halls in his mouth, when he said yes, I had
to tell him that I'm not trying to be rude but could he move about 10
feet away from, and why. All my new co-workers give me a funny look when
I ask them if they use Halls. And the allergy to eucalyptus is actually
what brought me to B&N- I worked for the Discovery Channel Store at the
MOA, in MN,and is across from Legoland (which is an entirely different
story) and they got eucalyptus candles in for Christmas and wouldn't get
rid of them, even when I couldn't get to work because I was so sick. And,
B&N was hiring, so I applied, and found my home. Not often your allergies
find your perfect job!

Ginnilee
Lady Lavender of Teal