[LMB] Orycon (Very Long and Only Marginally Topical)

MegJ megj at nwlink.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 20:12:02 -0800

Robert:
> Oh yes, being ignored.  Your choice of being actively ignored, or
> passively (not even noticed).  Ugh.  That can reinforce some nice
> unhappy behaviors.

Like feeling that everyone else belongs to the clique and you were standing
behind the door when the cliquers were passed out?  It's easy to feel that
way even with people you're theoretically supposed to be comfortable
around.

> > Pilot Padget-who needs to go calm down and remind himself that
> > he is *not* that person any more ("I'm not, I'm not, I'm
> > notnotnotnot!  Back into your pit, demons!")
>
> Working on it, but that rut is worn awfully deep.

What I want to know is why all the fellow terminally-awkward folks don't let
the rest of the fraternity know so that we don't waste time feeling like
idiots around them <g>.

Megaera