[LMB] News Item

Azalais Malfoy tiamat at tsoft.com
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:34:57 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 WaWenri at aol.com wrote:

> I just heard a news item about a sexual game being played
> by young teenagers. Presumably, if a boy removes a "jelly"
> bracelet from a girl's arm, she must perform a sexual act
> with him. Which act depends on the color of the bracelet.
>
> By extension, the girls who wear certain colors are open to
> the acts they represent.  <shudder>
>
> I don't think LMB had this in mind with the Betan code.

This seems quite sensationalized.  As a result of being into
Harry Potter fandom up over my ears, I've come to know a lot of
teenagers and they tell me things they would not tell their
mothers.

If this is going on at all, it's not going on among the brighter
ones; it's probably a regional/local subculture group.

Seriously.

I get asked things like "if p at nises look funny to me, does that
mean I'm a l at sbian?" and weird questions about how you can get
pregnant.

I have heard about a number of kissing games, etc.  Nothing about
jelly bracelets.  For one thing, the vast majority of teenage
girls wouldn't consent to play any game where you had to do
things with anyone who asked.

~malfoy :)