[LMB] Ekaterin - real or construct?

YankelAdler8092 at aol.com YankelAdler8092 at aol.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:25:56 EST

In a message dated 11/13/2003 8:13:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
winterwhitewolfe at yahoo.com writes:

> what is it that makes Ekaterin real
> to you?

Ekaterin becomes real as soon as we meet her, when she is trying to dance
around her husband's irritation.   I have had moments like that -- have you? --
and she is real again wehn she has her virtual garden.  And doens't want anyone
to see it, becuase they're going to laugh at her.  And she doesn't want to be
laughed at anymore, so she doesn't show it to anyone.  And she doesn't want
to bother/be bothered by anyone, so she wears clothes that blend in adn
camoflogue her.   I've done all these things, have you?

Possibly the reason E feels constructed to you is becuase she in fact
constructed herself around the pecularities of her husband, and as we later discover,
around the casual nastiness of her brothers. "Be like stone, and they will
grow tired of bothering you."

Ahem.  Don't hate her for being stiff, she's just drawn that way, as Jesscia
Rabbit might say.

Ziviya