[LMB] Re: OT: Airport and courthouse security

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 21:57:29 EST

Zivya writes:
I once walked through Miami airport and beeped.  No jewelry, no metal -- they
ran the wand over me and it beeped on my head!  apparently my hair clips were
too metalic.  I had to let down my hair and show there was nothing there but
the clips.

Battle cry of the Pettycoat Brigade -- Don't Touch My Hair!

I was miffed the whole flight about not being  able to fix my hair.  I now
carry a comb to the airport.
M replies:

I was going into the federal court building one time, and got beeped on the
underwire of my bra.  The man running the beeper was elderly and staid.  He
obviously didn't have a clue what was setting off his machine, and I wasn't about
to remove the offending garment, so we were at a standoff for a while.  I
finally asked him to go get my husband out of court to come and get the documents
I was bringing in from the copier service, and he decided to let me in spite
of the beep.  Maybe he figured it out--I dunno.  But when I read _Deeds of the
Disturber_ where Amelia has a hacksaw blade made into a corset stay, I had a
particular chuckle over it.

Mary