[LMB] Ekaterin

Debbie lioness at bellsouth.net
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:20:36 -0600

>There is one well known, rational and exceedingly appropriate reaction to
>emergency, which is to let all emotions shut down for the moment and just do
>exactly what needs to be done.  You can be scared/upset/whatever LATER.
>Like when a friend's parachute failed to open on her first jump.  She calmly
>released the backup chute, landed (a mite hard - her ankles needed medical
>attention), THEN got scared.  Frankly I consider this the proper survival
>reaction, and hope not too many people have lost it over the millenia.

I'm the calmest, sanest person around in a crisis.  24 hours AFTER the
all-clear sounds I completely fall to pieces.  Unfortunately it's an effect
that's been exaggerated by my Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome.  Ekaterin's
reaction appears similar.  I wonder what the treatment's like for PTSS on
contemporary Barrayar?

Debbie
http://www.brigidsforge.com
Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

"Fascism should more properly be called 'corporatism,' since it is the
marriage of government and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini