[LMB] Birthday

Jim Parish jparish at siue.edu
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:14:30 -0600

<The curtains are down, and remain so. The stout fellow pokes his
head out and looks around, then steps out. He addresses the audience
in a stage whisper.>

Okay, people, we've got to be very quiet. Today is Claudia Muir's 37th
birthday, and - from what I hear - what she'd like most is a chance to
rest. If we wake either of the kids, well...

So. Claudia is another longtime listie, a polyglot and the beloved of the
much-missed Doug Muir, and the producer of the most diverse and
erudite .sigs ever to grace this list. Let's join in - *quietly* - wishing her
and the rest of the Yeltars a blessed and above all peaceful day. Be
well, stay well, and watch out for alien graduate students!

<A commotion erupts behind the curtains, blended of furious barking
and what sound like small-scale lightning strikes. The stout fellow
winces, waves sheepishly at the audience, and ducks back behind the
curtains.>