[LMB] OT: Airport Security

Paula Lieberman paal at gis.net
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:57:24 -0500

-- Paula Lieberman
----- Original Message -----
From: "ginnilee p berger" <ginni.berger at juno.com>

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:41:00 -0600 "Victoria L'Ecuyer" <vlecuyer at ksu.edu>
> writes:
> > >
> > > Robert Parks
> > >
> > > As long as I remember to take off my watch and keys, I don't
> > > beep, even though I usually forget to take out my hair clip.
> > >
> > > Go figure!
> >
> > I don't have any funny scanner stories, but they made one of my
> > sisters check her keys. You see, she has a small (6 inch long)
> > adjustable wrench on her key ring. Apparently, they were afraid
> > she'd try to take the plane apart.
> >
> > Victoria
>
> Yeah, I can just see it- she's hiding in the restroom taking the toilet
> apart to see if it would cause the plane to stop mid-flight.

I had a college classmate I would trust with my life, but NOT left alone in
my living room, for reasons that are very similar to the above.  I  did,
after all, live on the college dormfloor which built a four foot diameter
MORTARED brick wishing well, complete with water and pennies, in the center
of a student's dormroom during Independent Activities Period [month long
semester break]!   The resulting picture, of Rick Carley entering the room
with the sign, "Best Wishes--the Hall" on his door, and suspicious seeing
the sign and all the people waiting for him to enter, got on the front page
of the Boston Globe.