[LMB] Re: OT: Airport security

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:53:45 EST

Victoria writes:
> I don't have any funny scanner stories, but they made one of my
> sisters check her keys. You see, she has a small (6 inch long)
> adjustable wrench on her key ring. Apparently, they were afraid
> she'd try to take the plane apart.
>
> Victoria
> --

Yeah, I can just see it- she's hiding in the restroom taking the toilet
apart to see if it would cause the plane to stop mid-flight.

Ginnilee
Lady Lavender of Teal
M replies:

I took my husband to the airport one time, and he had a very large pair of
shears in his briefcase.  These were used for "cut and paste" alterations to
documents in the days before word processing--anyway, they were not pointed, and
so dull they would barely cut paper.  One step above the plastic kindergarten
scissors, only BIG.  He wasn't allowed to take them on the plane, and they
wouldn't fit in my bag, so I had to carry them out of the airport--got some funny
looks.  We later wondered if they thought he was going to say "Take me to
Cuba or I'll snip your head off!" or something similar.  Actually, about the only
thing he could have done with _those_ shears was hit somebody with them--they
were heavy enough to cause some damage.

Mary