[LMB] OT: Weird time thoughts

Countryboy countryboy66 at mchsi.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:29:08 -0600

 That seems pretty close to me.  To me, the event happened in 1940.  On my
remembrance horizon, but not immediate.

Susan the bemused Neon Nurse pronounced (gotta love that name):

> 1. Take the date that you entered High School.  (It was 1967 for me.)
> 2. Pick an event in your past, the Kennedy assassination, for instance.
(1963)
> 3. Calculate how long ago the event was, in this case 40 years ago.
> 4. Subtract that number of years from the year you entered high school
> 1967-40 = 1927
>
> For freshmen in high school today, events of 1963 have the same temporal
> distance as events of 1927 had for me when I was entering high
> school.  (Heck, my PARENTS hadn't even been born way back then!)
>
> So if had only a vague idea that Lindbergh's crossing was an important
> thing that had helped create the world I now lived in, it's not surprising
> today's kids have the same notion.

Countryboy - wondering how long it is before someone back calculates my
birth year.  Not that I'm hiding. <Snicker>