[LMB] OT: Airport Security

Kay Shapero kayshapero at earthlink.net
Tue, 18 Nov 2003 18:26:32 -0800

"Paula Lieberman" <paal at gis.net> wrote;

> I had a college classmate I would trust with my life, but NOT left alone
in
> my living room, for reasons that are very similar to the above.  I  did,
> after all, live on the college dormfloor which built a four foot diameter
> MORTARED brick wishing well, complete with water and pennies, in the
center
> of a student's dormroom during Independent Activities Period [month long
> semester break]!   The resulting picture, of Rick Carley entering the room
> with the sign, "Best Wishes--the Hall" on his door, and suspicious seeing
> the sign and all the people waiting for him to enter, got on the front
page
> of the Boston Globe.

Hmm... would that have been MIT, perchance?

Certainly reminiscent of what CalTechies have been known to get up to (like
lining a guy's room with plastic, filling it with water and stocking it with
goldfish, if memory serves me correctly.  No, not personal memory, rumor
memory.  My practical jokes tend to be more ..subtle...)