[LMB] OT: The Human Heart...Discuss

NFedorka03 NFedorka03 at wmalumni.com
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:28:57 -0500

From: Amy Sikes <matya13 at yahoo.com>
<large snippage>

> Push a button and be happy, or
>sad, or jealous, or lustful, or excited.
>
>Or record emotions - Record yourself when you're happy, play it
>back when you're sad, to make yourself happy again.

Philip Dick, in _Do_Androids_Dream_of_Electric_Sheep_ writes about devices/organs/computer thingys (I don't have it in front of me) that program emotions/feelings into people. If you don't feel like dialing, there's a code to dial that will _make_ you feel like dialing. You can even dial sequences of emotion...if I remember correctly, once a month or so Iran programs a set period of time to experience (again, not exact words) unremitting despair and a sense that life isn't worth living, followed by a dawning sense of restored hope and purpose.

Nicola