[LMB] Perceptions (was: Ekaterin - real or construct?) (drifting OT)

ginnilee p berger ginni.berger at juno.com
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:50:15 -0500

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:11:27 -0600 "Padget, Scott R"
<scott.r.padget at boeing.com> writes:
> Ginnilee wrote re Miles and Ekaterin:
> > I feel sorry for him in
> > that he'll always be looking UP at her for a kiss, rather than
> down.
>
> Oh?  Why is this something to feel sorry about?  I don't feel sorry
> for him at all (or at least not about *that*).

I guess I feel sorry for him because I know how hard it is to have to
reach on tippy-toes to give someone a kiss. Of course, he might like
leaning into her cleavage. <grin> I'm only 5'4", and most of the men I
know are at least five inches taller than I am, as are all my brothers.

> I actually quite *enjoy* leaning in and craning up for a kiss, on
those
> (admittedly less common than the reverse)[1] occasions when I'm with
>  someone much taller than myself.

When you have a chronic pain disease, leaning in and craning *up* can be
darn difficult. I have a good friend who's 6'5", and as much as I love
him, hugs & kisses are *not* easy!

> Of course, I enjoy getting *climbed* by those way smaller than  myself,

> too.  And I find there are a lot of advantages in being of similar
> heights, as well.  So maybe I'm a bit too catholic in my tastes to
> be a good judge of such things.

Ah, a la Mount Delia- the "Dangerous Face" in Memory.

Ginnilee
Lady Lavender of Teal