Missing Posts was: [LMB] Ekaterin - real or construct?

Debbie lioness at bellsouth.net
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:33:45 -0600

At 06:27 PM 11/22/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>At 11:38 11/22/2003, K Kuhn wrote:
>
>>Interesting argument.  Mind going into more detail as to why, if Tien is
>>Miles Gone Wrong, Ekaterin is still willing to marry him at the end of
>>the book?  (For reference, I think I'm more on Winter's side of the
>>argument rather than yours [1])
>
>I would think that if that question must be asked, that the author did a
>poor job of explaining things in terms you would accept as valid.
>--
>Regards, Pete

K. Kuhn, I never received your original post.  I've noticed what appeared
to be missing posts every day on this list.  Apparently the posts I should
receive around 5 - 6 CST never arrive.  The first day I thought they'd
simply come in later.  Yesterday I thought they might have been late posts
to threads started before I arrived.  Today I'm definitely missing posts,
and I'm not happy about it.

FWIW, these are some replies that came in yesterday without originating
posts.  Maybe they were picked up from threads started last week, but I've
never seen them before:

Re: [LMB] Haut; Officers
Re: [LMB] Modern Mithraism
Re: [LMB] OT: Keypunch questionnaire
Re: [LMB] OT: Romance cover art and fonts
Re: [LMB] Quintarian vs Quadrene (was Paladin of Souls Review

Does anyone know anything about this problem?

In answer to your question, Ekaterin has had a decade to observe that if
Tien had just handled Problem X *this* way instead of *that* way it would
have been resolved instead of worsened.  That sounds like a potent argument
in favor of Miles' suit all be itself.

I thought of another resemblance between Tien and Miles, but I can't
remember it now and the family's demanding supper.

Debbie
http://www.brigidsforge.com
Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

"Fascism should more properly be called 'corporatism,' since it is the
marriage of government and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini