OT: Re: [LMB] snitrant

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:33:12 -0500

Louann Miller wrote:

> At 06:04 PM 11/22/2003 -0500, Marna Nightingale wrote:
> >My Skilsaw was designed for Norm. Norm apparently has bigger hands
> >than I do.  Norma is still not expected to be the person in the family
> >with the saw. I have to nigh-dislocate my thumb to hit the safety
> >switch.
>
> I've also noticed that things-for-men (say, tools) are built with the
> assumption that they're going to be handled more forcefully than
> things-for-women.

On a bright note, Sian gave me a Leatherman Juice for Yule two years
ago, one of those brightly coloured multitools that Leatherman is
putting out.

They have resized them for women, and changed a couple of the
brute-force openers to fingernail openers. It's about 2 cm shorter and
maybe 1 cm thinner than a standard Leatherman.

It is wonderful, I recommend it wholeheartedly to anyone with smaller
hands who needs a good multitool.

Marna.