[LMB] tools, OT: was snitrant, was Sort of OT: Tall women/short men OT:

Laura Gallagher kelts at charter.net
Sat, 22 Nov 2003 21:46:39 -0600

Marna wrote:
> My Skilsaw was designed for Norm. Norm apparently has bigger hands
than I do.  Norma is still not expected to be the person in the family
with the saw. I have to nigh-dislocate my thumb to hit the safety
switch. [snip]

> Marna, tall for a woman but aparently too small to be a carpenter.
Just ask the nice people who build the tools.

Just the other day I was in the Container Store, and saw a toolset that was
very clearly designed for a woman, down to the name of the product, which
I've forgotten.  Full set, designed for a woman, with directions.  And I've
noticed that the local Lowe's store has a series of classes specifically
teaching women how to do various "handyman" things around the house.  So
apparently there's starting to be a trend away from this.

Laura Gallagher