[LMB] Re: Miles/Tien/Ekaterin

Azalais Malfoy tiamat at tsoft.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:56:33 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Marna Nightingale wrote:

> Miles does Bad Things.  He knows they are bad things. He knows he
> hurts other people. He picks himself up, tried to make amends, and
> almost never tells himself that sh*t is sugar.

Right.  This is what I try to do, too.  You don't have to believe
in Capital-G Good and Capital-E Evil to do this.

> Tien thinks behaving badly is something other people do,
> primarily to p*ss him off, presumably, since he doesn't quite
> get that it's not All About Him.
>
> Miles lies to other people. Tien lies to himself.

And then tells other people what he believes is the truth.  It's
a lot harder to figure out this kind of liar than the other kind,
because they don't give the "incongruence" signs that normal
liars do.  They really do believe what they are saying when they
say it.  *shudder*

~malfoy :)