[LMB] Re: OT: Long hair and power equipment

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:47:13 EST

Alexandra H writes:
Although I have to
admit I drove one shop teacher crazy by working around a
drill press with unsecured waist-length hair.

M replies:

I feel for the man.  While Joe was working for a tire company a young man,
son of one of the senior tiremakers, did just that--and got caught in the works
and killed, right there in front of his father.  I don't think his hair was
waist-length, more like shoulder-length, but it was too long to be unsecured.
And remember how Isadora Duncan died.

I had long hair when I was younger, but I always wore it twisted up and
secured when I was using or even just around power equipment, having a very
safety-conscious father.

Mary