[LMB] gender based tools

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 21:43:28 -0500

Pouncer at aol.com wrote:

> Jumping in only to have to climb right back out.   If you make a
> WONDERFUL point that utterly destroys my thesis, and I don't
> acknowledge you, it's because I'm busy, not gone off in a snit;
> okay?  I promise to bring it on topic though ...
>
> How 'bout all them "tools" designed for "Norma" 'pon which "Norm"
> (or "Ian") damages himself?

D*mn straight.  I just figured I'd let a bona fide guy-type person
speak to that. Over half of the examples you cite, I've never noticed.

Though Ian would like to mention that bending over the kitchen counter
(built ca. 1925) is going to be the death of him one day.

As for zippers, thread a length of dental floss through the hole in
the zipper pull before the dress goes on. This trick I learned from
Sian, who has small, ladylike fingers -- and arthritis.

Marna.