[LMB] Quintarian vs Quadrene (was Paladin of Souls Review

Dan Tilque dtilque at nwlink.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:14:09 -0800

Dan Tilque wrote:

(Following up my own post)

>  He describes the origin of the gods which shows the
> B*stard to be another of the gods. No doubt the Quadrene
> version of the creation story has more or less the same facts,
> but puts a different interpretation on those that involve the
> B*stard's origin.

After rereading that section, I find that Ordol doesn't actually
describe the origin of the B*stard. At least not as specifically
as I'd remembered. Instead, he gives two alternate stories, both
preceded by "some say", and doesn't commit  himself to either. So
apparently he didn't get the story direct from the gods, or if he
did, they were unreliable.

And if he didn't get that detail direct from the gods, then what
about the rest of creation story? It seems to me that that could
be more myth than fact.

--
Dan Tilque