[LMB] Re: OT: Tall women/tools for women

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:23:41 EST

Pat M writes:
>How 'bout all them "tools" designed for "Norma" 'pon which "Norm"
>(or "Ian") damages himself?

And Xena the Amazon damages herself as well! Yup.
M replies:

Thank you for the attention to us Amazon types--my hands are as long as most
men's, even if not quite as thick or wide, and certainly not as strong.  Tools
made for little bitty paws don't suit me at all, but it's nice to have some
that are designed lighter and with a little less "trigger pull"; so the matter
of using tools for men/tools for women is, like most things, a trade-off.  By
the way, if any of you other tall types ever redo your kitchens--it's easy to
have the cabinets raised to suit and just use a wider shoe molding at the
bottom to cover the gap--we had our builder get flat boards and rout the top edge
to make one wide enough.

Mary