[LMB] Re: OT: Cars. etc.

Alexandra Haropulos aharo at erols.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:52:17 -0500

Azalais Malfoy wrote:

> It's because of my suburban childhood that I wouldn't move to the
> suburbs with or without a kid, even at gunpoint.

And my husband, who grew up in the city, wouldn't move back
at gunpoint. Even after 30-odd years living in the suburbs
he still exclaims at the beauty of the quiet, the trees and
the wildlife. My father (God rest him) was the same way. I
don't believe I've ever known anyone as interested in nature
and natural history.

I suppose the city is okay if you can live in the East
Eighties, or something like that.

Now I, having grown up in suburbia, would love to live in
the remote country. The grass is always greener...