[LMB] Re: OT: Cars. etc.

Marna Nightingale marna at marna.ca
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:47:21 -0500

Azalais Malfoy wrote:

> It's because of my suburban childhood that I wouldn't move to the
> suburbs with or without a kid, even at gunpoint.

Yah. City yes, country maybe, small town again possibly, suburbia no.

They're reopening the rec centre two blocks away in spring, there are
three parks within 5 minutes' walk, I'm 2 minutes walk from a major
busline and 10 from the Transitway, my doctor is a block away, as are
three grocery stores ...

Centretown's institutional completeness is amazing. I could use a
lumber store, but what the heck.  The hypothetical kid won't mind that
until she's at least 13, and everything else is here.

And like you, we don't mind taking cabs when we want them, I have a
bus pass, and it's still cheaper than a car. Plus, you can taxi when
you're drunk. :-)

We might join the local car share group at some point; it'd be nice to
be able to go and use one twice a month or so.

Marna.