[LMB] Quintarian vs Quadrene (was Paladin of Souls Review

Dan Tilque dtilque at nwlink.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:22:12 -0800

Richard Macdonald wrote:

> Dan Tilque wrote:
>>
>> Richard Macdonald wrote:

>>> [Quadrene view] Don't you mean Demonic Possession?
>>
>> No. There are Quadrene saints of the other four gods, you
>> know.
>
> Interpretation is not always reality.
>
> If the Dratsab is a demon (per the  quadrenes) then
> it MUST be possession since it cannot be anything else.

You're missing the point. The Quadrenes have saints. Saints of
the other 4 gods. The only example we have of a Quadrene saint is
the Golden General, but surely there must be others. If one of
the other gods tells a Quadrene saint that the B*stard is a god,
then where does that leave the Quadrenes?

Further argument will unfortunately involve spoilers for PoS.

Then there is the time in PoS where Ista first meets Prince
Sordso and Joen. Sordso's immediate reaction is "She bears a god,
we are undone!"

At the next meeting, Joen says "She bears the demon-god!"

Obviously, the Quadrenes don't think of the B*stard as an
ordinary demon and being a saint of him is not an ordinary case
of demonic possession.

Dan Tilque