[LMB] Re: Ivan

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:39:46 EST

Mitch Miller writes:
Why is everybody picking on Ivan?  He has a successful career -- he actually
ranks Miles
M replies:

He ranks Miles?  I thought only the Emperor ranked an Imperial Auditor.  He
ranked him in the service, but he's a little older and got into the Academy
first, while Miles was off having adventures in WA.  They still graduated at the
same time, I noticed.  All Ivan really had on Miles was due to seniority.

I don't think Ivan needs (or is ready for) a wife.  However, in ACC, he seems
to be coming to that pov.  How many girls did he propose to?  And he planned
to propose to Donna until the Great Revelation.

Actually, Ivan is one of my favorite characters.  I think there are
uncomfortable and exciting adventures in store for him, and I'm sure he'll have some
kind of an interesting romance when he finally settles down.  I can't see him
with a herm, but maybe a quaddie?  No, probably not.  Maybe someone bright and
beautiful but highly non-vor/unsuitable from the Vorkosigan District mountains?
 An LPST from Beta?  Someone he thinks will shock his mother, anyway.

Mary

Mary