[LMB] All generalizations are false, including this one OT:

Jim Parish jparish at siue.edu
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 18:26:07 -0600

Mitch Miller wrote:
> For goodness sake!  Who thinks anything about human behavior is
> universal?

Well, Mitch, you made a statement universal in form, and applied it to
someone - Miles - separated from you by a thousand years and many
light years. Are you truly surprised that people far closer to you in time
and space might think you meant it to apply to them as well?

That said, I think it might be a good idea to let tempers cool a little here.
(I include my own; I am 45 years old, male, unmarried, unlikely ever to
marry - for reasons which are no one's business but mine - and I do not
appreciate the suggestion that I am therefore a "boy".) I'm not calling
Pizza - I think that would be premature - but let's try to calm down, 'kay?

Jim Parish