[LMB] Re: OT: Cars. etc.

Ray Drouillard RayLists at quixnet.net
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 20:31:37 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexandra Haropulos" <aharo at erols.com>

> Azalais Malfoy wrote:
>
> > It's because of my suburban childhood that I wouldn't move to the
> > suburbs with or without a kid, even at gunpoint.
>
> And my husband, who grew up in the city, wouldn't move back
> at gunpoint. Even after 30-odd years living in the suburbs
> he still exclaims at the beauty of the quiet, the trees and
> the wildlife. My father (God rest him) was the same way. I
> don't believe I've ever known anyone as interested in nature
> and natural history.

We just escaped from Detroit.  Too many years in the city was killing me!

We have moved up to the Cadillac, Michigan area -- AKA "God's country".  We
haven't found a place yet, so we are living in my parents' cottage.  We want
land.  Living by a lake, however, has spoiled me.  I have used my canoe more
in the past few months than I had in the past fifteen years.

Hey, if anyone knows of some farm land with lake frontage for sale in the
Cadillac area, just let me know!

ObBujold:
If I was somehow adopted into the Vorkosigan clan, I would try to stay at
Vorkosigan Surleau as much as possible -- with frequent trips into the
mountains and lots of sailing on the lake.

Ray Drouillard