[LMB] was OT: rant & still OT: car ownership alternative

Arlene Medder ajmedder at email.unc.edu
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:44:11 -0500

Robert said:
I sold my bicycle...no way I'm going to ride around on the
streets without a nice big shell around me.  Having a good
relationship with a rental car agency works for me.

I'm replying:
Once again I am behind & trying to catch up. Has anyone mentioned zip
cars? http://www.zipcar.com/
They are cars that you can rent by the hour. They are a possibility
here on the campus where I work. The administration is trying to cut
down on the number of vehicles actually on campus by encouraging people
to use the mass transit, park & ride, etc to & from work. Zip cars
therefore help by being available, at least possibly, to run an errand
that's too far to walk for those whose cars are at home or at the park
& ride lot. Speaking from personal experience, if I have to get my car
before running an errand that adds a half hour, at least, to the time
required.

Arlene Medder