[LMB] was OT: rant & still OT: car ownership alternative

Louann Miller lqmiller at ev1.net
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 11:33:07 -0600

At 05:21 PM 11/26/2003 -0500, Marna Nightingale wrote:
>I want a lumber store that delivers.

Home Depot, which is what we've got out here, does deliver. Although we've
only made use of the service for really heavy items, like (building the
current house) 4x8x4 foot stacks of wall board which had to be handled with
a small fork lift. (It lifts its fork, clamps onto the back of the flatbed
truck, and then lifts itself onto the truck -- clever design.)

We're just at the beginning on finishing the inside of the addition. Most
things we're probably going to carry home in small Jeep-loads ourselves, as
Russ only tends to have time to use a Jeepload of materials per weekend.

Louann