[LMB] OT: Beau Brummel

Margaret Dean margdean at erols.com
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:01:12 -0500

"Marty L. Adkins" wrote:

> Michael D. Brazier mentions Beau Brummel.
>
> Has anyone else read Rosemary Stevens' mysteries featuring him, _Death on a
> Silver Tray_ & _The Tainted Snuffbox_, both of which I have read and
> enjoyed several times.  The others, _The Bloody Cravat_, & _Murder in the
> Pleasure Gardens_, I still need to get.
>
> Michael, I think you'll find Brummel's relationship with his valet
> [and--attention: Meg!--with his cat] very entertaining.

I've read these and enjoyed them (apart from the last, which I
assume isn't out in paperback yet), though I don't think they're
as good as the late, great Kate Ross's Julian Kestrel mysteries.
I would say they're on an upward trend, though; there was more
emotional depth in THE BLOODIED CRAVAT than in the previous ones.

--Margaret Dean
  <margdean at erols.com>