[LMB] Re: Cultural differences

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:58:51 EST

Paula writes:
It's much more I'd expect the two different cultures they were from.
M replies:

Sorry, but my husband was born in Brooklyn, raised in Queens, and lived in
Manhattan as an adult.  I was born, raised, and lived until I married him in a
town of 1400 population that was not even on a main highway, and in South
Texas, which he considered Indian Territory.  I can't help but think that similar
values, ethics, and respect for one another's intelligence have a lot more
going for them than mere cultural backgrounds, after 30 years of happy marriage in
which we _never_ ran out of things to talk about.

Mary