[LMB] Re: OT: Babies

Debbie lioness at bellsouth.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:46:44 -0600

>The longest I've ever had one all to myself being 48 hours or so, I tend
>(being inclined to the 4th and 5th trimester theory of the first 6 months)
>to default to popping them into a sling and going approximately about my
>business, carrying on a running commentary and occasionally varying the
>program with feeding them, slinging them over my shoulder to burp/spitup,
>letting them chew on me, putting them down on the floor to practice
>whatever complex new skill they're working on that day (finding the hand,
>finding the foot, rolling over...) applying New Bums, dancing around the
>living room singing the Don't Cry Song, and when they sleep, passing out cold.
>
>In other words, most of the babies I've had anything to do with have
>pretty much had their own programs, and my job was largely to be
>interruptible.

Speaking from experience, that's one of the best descriptions of motherhood
I've ever seen.  I often refer to myself as Mom the Infinitely Interruptible.

>I'm blessed though.  I lack many other baby related skills, but they will
>sleep for me. My cleavage has soporific qualities or something.
>
>Marna.

LOL  Especially when there's milk in them!

Debbie
http://www.brigidsforge.com
Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

"Fascism should more properly be called 'corporatism,' since it is the
marriage of government and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini