[LMB] Re: OT: Babies

Rowena morgaine at zonnet.nl
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:37:13 +0100

Op 28 Nov 2003 om 22:50, was Azalais Malfoy zo lief om te schrijven:

> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003, Debbie wrote:
>
> > Speaking from experience, that's one of the best descriptions
> > of motherhood I've ever seen.  I often refer to myself as Mom
> > the Infinitely Interruptible.
>
> Dear God, that sounds like sheer hell.
>
> Nothing personal, you understand.  I think I'd go mad from just
> having to be handled that much.

it is funny (of the funny peculiar kind). I never been someone for
babies or small kids, the talking precocious ones were fine, but no
little critters.
Than, three years ago I got a bang on the head, severe concussion.
Since than I have chronic headaches, concentration problems and
apperantly slight personaility change. For now I am fine around the
very small kids. I've got a baby-sit kid (for 10 hour-days, so I think I
get a reasonably fair impression) in the baby-age. And for a bizarre
reason I don't get stressed, even when she is screaming for 3 hours
(longest she did -sweet kid). This is very (very) odd, since I do get
very easily stressed since that bloody accident (just writing this
makes me weepy). Adults make me stressed (even nice friendly
ones), older kids (10-11 years old) make me stressed, but the
younger ones don't seem to. (Just make me tired and annoyed and
such, but I can handle that. All the kids I take care of (lots of
babystiing since can't find/hold regular job) are babysitting charges,
so I don't have the ultimate responsibility a permanent  caregiver
has, that would be stressfull in itself I think.

(BTW I think it has to do something with the nature of time, when
caring for a small kid I am in the here and now like small kid seems
to be. Not constantly in the future, looking at the avalanche of
problems coming from nowhere - or am I talking nonsense?)

Rowena
-----
www.planet.nl/~alber925/amella.html
Cats may be green somewhere else, but the cats here don't care.

					Ursula Le Guin